Even if a student is planning on church service or military service, they are strongly encouraged to apply for college with their graduating class.  After being admitted, students should apply for deferment.  Schools in Utah will hold your scholarships and admissions through this process, making it easier for you to return and begin school after completing your service.  Before leaving for service, students should complete the deferment paper work and a student information release form from the college they are choosing to attend.  The student information release form allows a parent or third party to act in the student’s behalf while they are away.  This makes it easier for parents to enroll their student in school before their return.