By the year 2018, more than 66% of all jobs will require post-secondary training. The training required for these jobs could be a one year certificate, a two year degree, a four year degree, or an advanced degree. For this reason, we want all of our students to have a plan for obtaining some level of post-secondary training.
The mission of the Riverton High School Comprehensive Counseling Program is to empower all students with the knowledge and skills they need to prepare for a productive life and find success in ways that maintain dignity and respect for themselves and others in a changing world. We have developed a Pacing Guide that structures the different programs we deliver to all students to help us achieve the aim of our mission statement. A copy of the pacing guide can be found at the bottom of this page.
Goals accomplish in order to be college and career ready:
- Get Involved
- Make a Graduation Plan
- Find Information about Careers
- Prepare for ACT and SAT
- Research College Options
- Take Classes that Support their College and Career Plan
- Apply to Colleges and Certificate Programs
- Apply for Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Jordan Applied Technology Center- The Jordan Applied Technology Center provides several hands-on, intensive technical education courses. These programs provide occupational experiences, certifications, and college credits for students who want to get a head start on occupational preparation.
- The Canyons Technical Education Center- Students in the Jordan School District also have access to the technical education programs at the Canyons Technical Education Center. There are a wide variety of courses to choose from.
- Ready Utah Student Planning Guide- This planning guide is produced by the state office of education and has great resources for helping Utah students to become more college and career ready.
- Parent Toolkit- This website has great resources for helping parent and students to plan for their futures.
- The real cost of college
- Helpful planning websites:
- Helpful resources for diverse populations
- African Americans:
- American Indian:
- Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders:
- Hispanics/ Latinos: