Advanced Placement courses are a great opportunity for students to experience a college-level course while they are still in high school. Students are able to earn college credit at most colleges and universities with a score of a 3, 4, or 5 on an AP exam. However, how colleges award credits vary. For more specific information on how AP credits are awarded, students should contact the individual colleges and universities they plan to attend. There are also links at the bottom of this page that show how each of the colleges and universities in Utah are presently accepting AP credits.
AP Courses offered (2023-24)
- Art Studio 2-D (design portfolio)
- Art Studio 2-D (photo)
- Art Studio (Drawing)
- Calculus AB
- Calculus BC
- Human Geography
- Chinese Language
- European History
- French Language
- English Language / Composition
- English Literature / Composition
- Music Theory
- Physics 1 (With Algebra)
- US Government and Citizenship
- Spanish Language
- U.S. History
- World History
How do I order an AP Exam?
For the 2024 AP exams, students at Riverton High School will be registering online. Online Exam registration is going on now through Fri, Mar 11, 2024, at 11:59 PM. You must register for your exams before November 10th to avoid a $40 per exam late fee. The AP exam registration process is two steps, and both steps must be completed in order to have AP exams ordered:
Step 1: Begin the process by registering at www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/450461. Here you will indicate the AP courses you are taking this year and the exams you wish to take. You will receive your join codes and directions to complete the second required step.
Step 2: Use the join codes provided at the completion of step one or that are provided in your AP class(es). To join your AP Courses, go to: https://myap.collegeboard.org/login
This year each AP exam costs $102. This price reflects the cost of the exam and all processing fees. It is our desire that every student may be able to take their AP exams. Students requiring financial assistance should contact email@example.com.
- Fri, Nov 10, 2023, at 11:59 PM – Registrations and payments after this date will incur a $40 late fee per registration.
- Fri, Mar 11, 2024, at 11:59 PM – Registration Ends, and no more tests will be ordered after this date.
- Fri, Mar 11, 2024 – Registrations that have not been paid for will be canceled and exams will not be ordered.
- Fri, Nov. 10, 2023 – Last day to cancel an exam and receive a full refund.
- Fri, March 11, 2024 – Last day to cancel an exam with a cancellation fee of
Free AP Test Prep:
Students with a Salt Lake County Library card can go to the following website to access free AP Practice Tests and online preparation books. Click on the College Prep Center and create an account. There is also free ACT, SAT, and PSAT prep on this page.
Contact Ms. Kirsten Jansen-
phone: 801-256-5823 email: firstname.lastname@example.org